Thursday 23 November 2017

Felling the Kielder Christmas tree!

Last week I announced the winners of my 2017 Christmas card competition, and it was fantastic to see winner Brooke Foster from Prudhoe Castle First School and runner-up Lily Macauley from Ovingham Church of England First School in Kielder yesterday to see the felling of the Christmas tree that will end up in Westminster in a few days time. Brooke and Lily designed such creative Christmas cards and so it was great to be able to invite them to Kielder Forest as they prepare to send the country's most famous Christmas tree down to London! The Kielder Christmas trees always look incredible when they are in place in Westminster, and I have no doubt that this year will be no different- I look forward to seeing the decorated tree with Brooke next month. Congratulations once again to my Christmas card winners- I hope Brooke and Lily really enjoyed their day!