Tuesday 28 November 2017

Every one's a winner ...

Saturday 2nd December is Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate small businesses and their owners and to encourage people to shop local and support them.

To showcase these businesses, I recently launched my Small Business Awards scheme to celebrate the best of the constituency’s small businesses. I invited constituents to nominate the shops and businesses that they wanted to see recognised for their excellent produce and service.

Hundreds of nominations for dozens of businesses came in, and ahead of Small Business Saturday I travelled across the constituency visiting nominated businesses, talking to owners and staff and handing out certificates of excellence.


Among the small businesses and business owners I visited were Bardon Mill Store and Tearoom, Louise Hunter and Associates, Prudhoe, Ponteland Hardware and Amanti Cupcakes, Prudhoe. I really enjoyed meeting the business owners and learning about their businesses which are such important parts of the communities they serve. I hope everyone will support their local businesses this Small Business Saturday and continue to shop local - and please do continue to let me know about the local businesses that you value.

http://bardonmillparish.co.uk/shop.html

http://www.prudhoedentalpractice.co.uk