Saturday 29 July 2017

Bradbury Court care home


I was delighted to be invited to visit Leonard Cheshire Disability’s Bradbury Court assisted living unit in Ponteland this week where I was able to meet residents and staff. It was good to see the welcoming, homely atmosphere and high-quality care and support for myself, and I was very interested to see first-hand how staff support the residents at Bradbury Court.  The residents raised a number of matters with me, and thanks are due to Lisa for letting me visit her beautifully decorated flat.  Leonard Cheshire Disability supports more than 30,000 disabled people around the world to fulfill their potential and over the past year the charity has supported more than 10,000 disabled people in the UK. 2017 marks the 100th anniversary of Leonard Cheshire's birth.