Sunday 27 November 2016

Thank you for your generosity! Great result for our Christmas appeal

I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone has donated to our Christmas Toy Appeal so far this year. I am extremely humbled by your generosity.


I carry out this charitable appeal every year, and have witnessed it going from strength to strength over the last five years. This year, however, more people than ever have donated in our sixth appeal, and I could not be more grateful.

The Salvation Army will distribute the many wonderful toys we have collected to children who would otherwise not receive presents for Christmas this year. I thank you all for your enthusiasm and willingness to ensure that some of the least fortunate children in our region can enjoy a happy Christmas.

I know I say this every year, but the kindness of the people of Northumberland truly never ceases to amaze me. Thank you very much indeed.

Gifts and toys can still be dropped off until Thursday 1 December, at either of my constituency offices: 1 Meal Market, Hexham, or Office 2, Horton Park, Ponteland.