Sunday 24 July 2016

Congrats to Haveli! Fourth in the Tiffin Cup Final



Last Tuesday, 12th July, I had the pleasure of attending the Tiffin Cup Final in the kitchens of House of Commons. The Cup celebrates the best South Asian food that this country has to offer, and I was delighted to be supporting one of our own fantastic restaurants, Haveli, in the process.
The food was judged by celebrity chef Ainsley Harriot among other independent assessors on a blind tasting, and I must say that I also sampled a fair amount of the food, purely to make it a fair test! Haveli chose to produce their Goan Prawn Curry, which is probably my favourite dish on the whole menu. The dish was a hit with the judges, and ensured that Haveli secured a very respectable fourth-placed finish.
Haveli is one of the North East’s culinary high-points, and I was very pleased to see them do so well. Just to make it to the final was enough, but to come 4th out of the whole country is staggering. We should all be very proud of them.
Visit Haveli when you have the chance - it really does have great food.