Sunday 26 October 2014

Big Energy Saving Week

This week has been Big Energy Saving Week - and I have been delighted to get behind the campaign. We have held meetings with DECC, local oil buying clubs, met with regional coordinators, and have finally finished our new Energy Saving Guide. This will be going out very shortly all across Tynedale, and I am meeting most of the leads of the oil buying groups on a Saturday afternoon in Hexham on Saturday November 8 to:
- hear of the progress they are making
- get a better understanding of the successes + difficulties
- discuss best practice and what government can doer products.
- and discuss how best we can offer alternative lending and credit union facilities to local people who are budgeting for oil buying in particular.
Guy Opperman (Hexham, Conservative)
In private meetings, and in meetings with my constituents, I have spoken to the Minister about oil companies having a 500-litre minimum limit for delivering to people who are off-grid. If the Department were to change that minimum delivery to a lower figure, it would have a massive impact on people who are particularly fuel-poor and off-grid. Could she please look at that and get back to me?
Hansard source (Citation: HC Deb, 21 October 2014, c232WH)
 
Amber Rudd (The Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Energy and Climate Change; Hastings and Rye, Conservative)
I thank my hon. Friend for that comment. He has raised the matter with me previously, and I will get back to him.