Friday 5 September 2014

Report on the successful Puppies and Kittens debate in the Commons

The motion on the sale of puppies and kittens was carried by the House of Commons yesterday.
I managed to attend some of the debate and was able to speak briefly as follows:

Guy Opperman (Hexham, Conservative)
I am most grateful to the hon. Gentleman. I congratulate him on securing this debate and support the motion, on behalf of the many constituents who have contacted me. May I make a simple point? The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs has gone through the process of traceability for cattle, sheep and other animals, so surely the way forward must ultimately be a register of and traceability for cats and dogs.

The Full debate, the opening statements, and the Minister’s response can be found here:
http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2014-09-04a.449.1&s=puppy+farming#g493.2