Tuesday 28 January 2014

Meeting the Ponteland Medical Group

Last week I was able to pop in to the Ponteland Medical Group, and see the great facilities they have there, and generally discuss the future for GPs clinics. This is all part of the work I am trying to do to get to know different practioners around the constituency. I have visited several GP practices over the last year and tried to get a better understanding of their issues problems and potential solutions. All face similar, but different, pressures. I am seen here with Practice Manager, Tony Hockey, and GP, Nigel Twelves, who kindly gave me some of their time. We discussed, amongst other things, the practical benefits, and burdens, of 7 day GP availability and the potential for greater integration and work with the local health Trust. As always from such visits I came away a lot wiser and grateful for the great work our local NHS teams provide to our communities.