Thursday 12 December 2013

Tynedale Diary this week

Age UK have kindly asked me to lunch in Corbridge today to discuss their brilliant work and the local care of sufferers of Dementia and other diseases, but I will be in Hexham first thing for meetings and a visit to the Hexham Railway Yard developement. This afternoon I will be having a private meeting at one of our local schools and then after further meetings will be at an event in Newcastle.

Tomorrow I am meeting the Ponteland Medical Group as part of our efforts to meet local GPs, and see the work they are doing [I will blog more on my recent visit to Haltwhistle GP clinic in the fullness of time]; I then have a public health meeting I have organised with local organsations concerned with minimum unit price and display of alcohol. I canot say more for the moment but I am pleased that Balance NE are coming along, as well as several key local representatives who have given up their time to discuss this public health issue and possible ways to address it. I have meetings with broadband and business providers in Ponteland tomorrow evening.

Saturday I am knocking on doors and campaigning locally, before hopefully meeting a mate at the match v Southampton.