Sunday 3 November 2013

Proud to support ISOS Housing development - Grand Designs in action

In a week when we have successfully opposed the wrong sort of housing project [Birney Hill Green Belt] I wanted to write about a local housing project I was delighted to back.
If you go to Trinity Court in Corbridge you will see this beautiful building, built on a brown field site, providing everyhtoing that local people could possibly want. I opened it 3 weeks ago and the full report is here: http://www.hexhamcourant.co.uk/news/corbridge-trinity-court-is-a-grand-design-for-the-elderly-says-mp-1.1093029

It cost £2.1million and the three-storey scheme has 16 flats, with 10 for rent and six available to buy on a shared equity basis.I said at the ime and I will make the point again: the design was superb. Indeed I expected Kevin McCloud, of Grand Designs, to pop out at any moment.
The new building has been specifically designed to keep residents’ living costs down. I spoke to many of the residents and it is a special building, sensitively done, by good local architects.
Everyone involved should feel very proud, and I have made the point to ISOS that we want to see more of such projects locally.