Thursday 14 November 2013

Getting stuck in for Children in Need

Let is not be said I'm not working hard for Children in Need this year - I will hopefully taking on 12 jobs over 12 hours, with other events in between. I will have my fundraising bucket with me at all times.
I will start my day trying my hand as radio presenter in Newcastle, before heading to Hexham to teach a class at St Joseph's Middle School.
From there I will be working as a Porter in Hexham Hospital before taking lunch time orders at Mucho Gusto in Hexham.

I will finish the working day at Hexham's iconic Egger Factory and serving on the till's in the town's Tesco store.
It's often said MP's don't have a proper job so I though this would be a good way to get out there, roll my sleeves up and hopefully raise a bit of money for Children in Need along the way.

I have taught before but not in a Hexham school so I hope the class treat me gently; I have visited St Jospeh's before and luckily for me they have always been very well behaved!

My full itinerary is below:

9-10 - Radio Presenter @ Spice FM

9,30 - 10.30 Market trader @ Hexham Market Sq

10.30 - 11.30 Teacher @ St Joseph's

12.00-1.30 - Porter @ Hexham Hospital

1.30-2.30 – Waiter @ Mucho Gusto

3-4 - Visit to Adapt/West Northumberland Food Bank

4.30-5.30 - Factory hand @ Egger Factory

6-7.30 - Checkout Assistant @ Tesco

7.30 Onwards: manning a stall at Children in Need live from Hexham Market Place

The full hexham schedule is here: http://www.childreninneedhexham.co.uk/