Sunday 20 October 2013

Westminster this week

Home Office duties dominate the week for me.
The Immigration Bill is before the House on Tuesday and I will be present pretty much all day. There is also the possibility of questions to the Health Secretary, and a chance to get in at international development questions.
I also have multiple meetings and commitments including a meeting with representatives from the Northumberland National Park, where we will be meeting the new Minister and discussing priorities, and a couple of key local issues, and one piece of casework, but my main concern is the proposed wind farm on the edge of the park, north east of Kielder.
I am also involved in the judging of the Association of Air Ambulance awards on Wednesday.
I am then heading north Thursday morning for a variety of surgeries, events and commitments later this week and this weekend, which means I will not be in the House on Thursday or Friday.