Monday 6 May 2013

Prison Radio - I will be live in Brixton Prison on Wednesday at 9.45am discussing "Doing Time"

My book "Doing Time" is going down well in prisons and the Prison Radio Association have kindly asked me to come in to Brixton Prison on wednesday May 8th to talk live on the Prison Radio service about the changes I want to see in prisons. My thanks to Phil Macguire and Chris Impey for making this possible. I will report back after the visit and the radio show. If you want to know more then go to www.prisonradioassociation.org
It is a while since I was last in Brixton. It is an iconic prison in London and I had clients there about 10 years ago so I will be interested to see the changes. The prison features very heavily in John Podmore's seminal work on his life as the prison governor there - a book he wrote, called Out of Sight, Out of Mind, is required reading for anyone interested in prison reform.