Wednesday 3 April 2013

On His Own will win Grand National for the North East on Saturday

On His Own to beat Seabass and Cappa Bleu on Saturday are my tips.
Graham Wylie, formerly of Sage and now turning Close House, in Heddon on the Wall, into a world class golf and hotel resort, owns the Willie Mullins trained On His Own and he is my confident pick to take home the prize for Graham.
Last year On His Own was cantering when he tipped up at Bechers second time round and with an extra year's experience under his belt I feel he will triumph on Saturday at 4.15. On His Own also has Willie Mullins as his trainer and the Irish wizard is on demon form this year. My selection has only 11 stone on his back, which is a nice racing weight.
I would dearly like to see Katie Walsh win the National as the first female jockey and she carried this blog's hopes and money last year. But the handicapper has given Seabass 11 stone 6 pounds this year and I just do not see him winning under that weight. He will be sure to be placed as he barely touched a twig last year and Katie is a good jockey.
Cappa Bleu is another seasoned campaigner who likes Liverpool and I see him making the frame as well.

As always with betting remember there are 3 betting windows in the bookmakers and only 1 pay window. For my part I would rather be riding but I will have some money down for sure.