Saturday, 16 February 2013

Tyneside Blonde is coming to Westminster

Hadrian Brewery Beer available in the House of Commons
There is a bar in the basement of the Commons called the Strangers. It is about 30 foot by 15 foot and it is an institution in parliament; it is far less busy so I am told than yesteryear but I would pop in about once a month. I am delighted that the beer that is going to be on sale there shortly is from one of our local brewers in the north east. Martin's email is so kind I have reproduced it in its entirety. If you have not tried his beer - do so - it is very good.

Dear all, just to let you know that as a result of me leaving my business details with Guy Opperman MP, and the bar manager of the Strangers Bar in the House of Commons, they have requested 5 casks of Tyneside Blonde for delivery next month. This is quite an accolade. Had a great trip around Parliament when I was down there, and Guy and the other constituency workers were very kind and helpful. (thanks Guy et al). Indeed I have sent Guy a text asking him to look out for its arrival, and if he can get a picture of him and the PM drinking it I will pay for their pints. Well worth a try, anyway.


Quite happy with this one!!!
Regards.
Martin Hammill
Brewery Manager
Hadrian Border Brewery
www.hadrian-border-brewery.co.uk

Whether I can prise the PM out of Number 10 for a pint is a big ask, I suspect, as he has a lot on his plate right now, but it will not be for the lack of trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our team of General Election volunteers are at the heart of the campaign to secure a better future for Northumberland – and we want you to be part of it. So get involved today, make great friends along the way, and experience the excitement of being on the front line in the most important election for a generation. Together we can win that election – and help secure a better future for Northumberland, and a better future for Britain. If you can help us please sign up here