Friday 31 August 2012

Jade is just the job

This week I'm is toasting the success of my apprentice, Jade, after she became one of the first ever to complete an apprenticeship with an MP and then go onto get a job. 
Jade Scott, from Prudhoe, began working for me soon after I took office, after she left Prudhoe Community High School. I was one of the first MP's ever to take on an apprentice. Jade has now completed her apprenticeship in Business Adminstration after working at my the Hexham Office.
She is a real worker. I believe it is both really important we support local young people into work and that I try to lead the way; I was pleased to give Jade that opportunity. 
The latest figures show that North East apprenticeship starts have risen 45% from 2009/10 to 2010/11. The North East is also getting the most benefit, as our 45% increase compares favourably to a 36% increase nationally. There are also more apprenticeships completing their courses, with a rise of 11% in the region compared to 5% nationally.