Monday 16 April 2012

Parliament has returned

The House of Commons sits again this morning after the Easter break. I have a packed week in Westminster which includes:
- Education Questions today and will be trying to get a decision date or an updated timeline on the decisions on Prudhoe School funding / rebuild, followed by a 2 hour meeting with Greg Barker the DECC Minister and the Green Alliance.
- Foreign Office Questions tomorrow, where I hope to question the Foreign Secretary on behalf of a constituent whose case I raised in India last week [of which more to follow this week when I blog about the short trip last week to India]
- Wednesday at 11.45 I will be raising the issue of fuel poverty in the border regions with the Minister in the House and welcoming one of the Prudhoe schools that is visiting the House.

There are also debates in the House on the Economy of the North East on Tuesday and a number of others where I hope to speak, if called. Will be heading north either Thursday night or Friday first thing.

All of these issues are important but my hope above all is for Prudhoe High School and its rebuild programme. I know that the decision is needed soon. I will update the moment I know.