Monday 9 May 2011

Thank You!



I wanted to write to thank all of my consituents who have sent me their best wishes in recent weeks. Never did I suspect I would be watching the AV referendum results (and the Royal Wedding!) from a hospital bed after being diagnosed with a brain tumour. These past few weeks have in many ways brought it home even more - how lucky I am to be a Member of Parliament representing the Hexham Constituency.

It is an immense privilege and a real pleasure to represent this wonderful part of our country. And whatever happens I will go on standing up for you, tackling those issues, from fuel poverty to housing and doing my utmost to make you all proud and be a good constituency MP

Whatever the future may hold, I will always work hard as a constituency MP. Standing up for your interests, taking up your cases, acting on the things that you care about.

I cannot thank you all enough for your support at this difficult time and promise to be back fighting fit championing our region as soon as possible.

Ps. Over the next couple of weeks as I get better Jade, my Constituency Office Apprentice and Max, my House of Commons Intern will be keeping the blog updated.