Saturday 30 April 2011

Guy is in hospital

Hexham MP Guy Opperman was admitted to Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust on Tuesday night after feeling unwell in the House of Commons.

Guy has been diagnosed with a non malignant Meningioma. Doctors expect the MP to make a full recovery.

Speaking from hospital he said "I feel fine and the doctors and nurses are doing an excellent job. St Thomas' is a brilliant NHS hospital so I'm in good hands."

Guy continues to work closely with his staff to ensure he maintains his service to his constituents.

Guy can be contacted as usual through his Constituency Office.
Hexham Association Chairman Antony Braithwaite said "We all wish Guy well and are sure it won't be long until he is back with us here in Hexham. Guy is an excellent local MP and I am sure I speak for everyone in the constituency when I send him our best wishes on a speedy recovery"