Monday 30 August 2010

On the beat...



This month I spent some time on the beat in Hexham with the neighbourhood policing team. It was really useful to talk about the work taking place and to discuss the issues that constituents have raised with me; many of which I'm pleased to report the local neighbourhood policing team are already focused on.

We also called into the Hexham East Sure Start Centre and it was good to see everyone working closely together. There are many different factors involved when it comes to effective policing but visible local neighbourhood policing teams are a vital part of reducing peoples fear of crime as well as reducing anti-social behaviour and boosting public confidence.

The local policing team are doing a great job and thier contact with the local community is very strong. I'll be keeping in regular contact so do let me know if there are problems you would like me to let them know about.